Saturday, August 7, 2010

Crazy but Good

We had a crazy day yesterday. We were heading to the hospital for Lukie's scans and the car wouldn't start :( so we walked over to Grandmas and borrowed her car and made it to the hospital only a little late... where they told us the C.T. Scanner was broken. Sutter Memorial sent us to Sutter General. That hospital is really busy and under construction and I had no idea where I was going...but we made it. We had to go through the whole hospital registration process since we are new to that hospital and wait a long time in radiology... all the while poor Luke is fasting and worrying about having an IV put in. So, our 10 am scan finally happened at about 12:15 pm. He also needed his labs drawn so I asked if they could just take the blood from his IV so he wouldn't have to get poked again. This turned out to be another half an hour of walking around the hospital with a really kind radiology tech. who was trying to figure out how to get his labs drawn. The lab insisted they couldn't do it and wanted to send us to another lab. The whole thing was really weird. I had no idea it would be so difficult ! So a nurse walking down the hall heard the whole discussion with the lab and said..."oh, my goodness, just give me the tubes and I will do it". She met us in the waiting room and drew his blood from the IV and took it out...she didn't have cotton and tape or a band aid though and blood spilled all down Luke's shorts as he cried...Oh my... Well at least we were done.

Luke and I walked out of the hospital to the first restaurant we saw, Round Table, a very nice gentlemen working at round table that made a special pizza for Luke caused me to reflect on the kindness we had received that day. No where in that chaos of day did we come across a rude or mean person, actually it was quite the contrary, everyone was incredibly nice. Even both the ladies at the parking-toll booths were super sweet...one didn't charge me and the other told me how adorable my son was.....Strange.....now that I think about it...our day really wasn't that bad...the Lord blessed us the whole day...funny how he works sometimes ;) Thank you for your continued prayers. ~Erica

No comments:

Post a Comment