Saturday, June 20, 2009

Post Surgery Update...Saturday

Recovery...such a soft word for such a hard thing. It has been a constant battle to keep Luke's pain under control, I have never been such a basket case. Lukas was crying to go home and missing his brothers and sister sooo bad, his body has been hurting more than I can even imagine. He was refusing morphine, saying "It dooossnnn't work!" so we got him on some other pain medicine that seems to be much better. He has really bad swelling in his tummy. His hemoglobin dropped and he had a blood transfusion, then the next lab work showed a drop again. I was in a panic, thinking he was having internal bleeding that would require another surgery. The doctor had them draw labs again to make absolutely sure and by the grace of God his hemoglobin was back up. That made the "worst days of my life" list.
Mike spent the night at the hospital last night so I could come home and sleep in my bed and wash clothes. I called him this morning a he said "Luke got to eat Cheerios's!" This it the first time he has eaten since Monday morning before going to the hospital. Luke is also getting a visit from the Star Wars characters today! We are praying for more good days to come, hoping to have Luke standing up soon maybe taking a few steps...That will make the "happiest days of my life" list.

No comments:

Post a Comment