Friday, June 12, 2009

Surgery Date Changed

I Got a call yesterday from Luke's doctors. Apparently their is a chemical in Luke's urine that comes from the ganglioneuroblastoma. The numbers were slightly elevated, not what we want to see. They thought there should be no reason to wait any longer than we have to, to remove this tumor. The Surgeon changed her schedule and gave up her day off, but is glad to do it for Luke! (we really like her a lot). So, my stomach hurts and my heart is swollen, but this is God's plan, not mine, may his will be done. Luke is comfortable with the whole idea, he knows all about the plan. His biggest worry was the tube in his nose he heard Dr. Abramson talking about. He wondered what big brother Joe would say about that when he got home. He calmed down fast when I told him he didn't have keep the tube in. "The doctors will take it out as soon as you start eating" I said. He said "I will eat anything I have to, to get the tube out" ...a good incentive I guess.

Admit to Sutter Memorial- Monday June 15
Surgery- Tuesday June 16

2 comments:

  1. Hang in there Erica and Mike - surgery will go well and all will be over before you know it. God is in control and he wants Luke to do well. Our prayers are with you and the surgeons and the rest of the Dr.s during Luke's surgery.
    Luke I know you will eat good - that tube won't be in your nose for long and you'll be okay! Some more sleepy medicine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just thought I'd check the website before I went to bed and I'm so glad I did. Thanks so much for keeping us posted on Luke. We love you guys so much and will continue to lift you up in prayer. Know that you will have hundreds of kids praying along with you this Monday! All things are possible with God! He is near and hears and cares and knows just what you need.
    In His Strength,
    Dar, Barry, and Christian

    ReplyDelete