Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Blood Transfusion Today

Went to Clinic yesterday to check Luke's counts and found he needs a hemoglobin transfusion. They let us take him up to the outpatient floor to get a "type and cross" so they could order the blood and have it ready today. Having that done should save us about an hour of waiting! He will also start getting those lovely shots that help his ANC count rise. Gracie has a little cough and a stuffy nose so she has been stuck in her room the past couple of days, I'm praying no one else picks up her cold. I'm starting to wonder if I am boring all of you with my long winded post's, maybe I should be more short and to the point. Nobody is posting comments anymore. lol. ~Erica

3 comments:

  1. Erica- Just wanted to let you know that Jason and I read your blog all of the time. Thank you so much for taking the time to update it. We don't want to bother you, but it is nice to know what is going on with Luke. Please let us know if there is anything you need.

    Becky and Jason

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ditto, on the not wanting to bother you guys....!!! when do you go to san fran? We might do Jordan's consult there so his Doctor can visit with us???

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have gone back and read from the first post. I am thankful for the details it makes it more real for those of us who do not see what you see. I am so sorry to know how many times he has had blood and so many pokes. I will gather courage from Luke to give blood knowing all Lukas has been brave to go through. Please continue in detail.
    Lots of Love, Dani

    ReplyDelete