Thursday, August 13, 2009

Tired of this hospital stuff...UGH !!!

Well I guess I wasn't talking to myself. Turns out many people do read this, they just don't post comments. Okay...I feel better now. Except for the fact we just found out one of the first kids Luke met at the hospital just went to heaven this morning. He passed away in his mothers arms. Luke and I talked about it and prayed for his family. Joshie had the same kind of cancer as Luke, which makes the Nelson family's loss really hit home for us.

We have had a busy week. Monday clinic visit, Tuesday blood transfusion, Wednesday Meeting with Radiation Dr. and G-CSF shot at the hospital. Now it's Thursday and Luke woke up with a hurt foot and a fever. He had problems with his right foot hurting after his surgery and a few times since then it has bothered him. This morning however, he wanted me to carry him downstairs because it was hurting him like pokes in the bottom of his foot. His fever was at 101 and he was not very happy about going to the hospital. He had a clinic visit scheduled anyway so I just packed our things, figuring we would end up in the hospital again. So...here we are in 662, whoo, hoo. Luke has spent much of the day with a blazing hot fever in and out of sleep and complaining. He did have a repreive from the fever for a short time he played on the computer and a little x-box, but he was kinda dazed. He is on his second dose of two different antibiotics and Tylenol, but his temperature was still at 102. His ANC is at 0, he had an x-ray of his foot and a CT scan with contrast(had to drink the nasty stuff again) and he still had to have another G-CSF shot to top it off.
We are getting weary, the hospital is getting so familiar there is no excitement anymore. We have played with all their toys, watched all their movies and earned every prize from the prize box. I had to give Luke a couple pep talks today, it's getting hard to cheer him up.
I am praying this is just another virus like the times before. But the fact is, if this is an infection we may be here ten days. Boo Hoo. I just reached over and touched his head and it feels much cooler...Sigh...I'm giving my self a headache. I know it's gonna be okay...calm down Erica. Like I have been telling Luke, we are fighting a battle, we can't give up. The nurse just walked in and took his temperature...99..phew...that's better...keep it up Luke...I mean down. I will try to give everyone an update tomorrow, hopefully I will have to tickle and pry the computer out of a happy little boys hands to do so.

2 comments:

  1. Dearest Erica, Mike and Luke
    Yes, we check out the blog almost everyday, Erica, you have done a wonderful job of keeping us up to date, we just have not been very good at posting comments, but please know our prayers are with all of you every day. We enjoy you posting specifically you you indicate what you would like prayer for!We want to share a verse that Joe and I have just memeorized.
    "Are there any others God's like you, oh Lord?
    No, there are no other God's like you.
    You are wonderfully holy,
    you are amazingly powerful
    YOU ARE THE CREATER OF MIRACLES.
    Exodus 15:11
    Our prayer is that God will create a special miracle for Luke, and heal him completely!!!
    Please give Luke a big bear hug from JOE. Love, Joe and Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Erica,
    I read your blog most days. Thank you so much for allowing us to know how to pray! Please be encouraged that we are praying daily and our God is a big God! " Because of the Lord's great love we are not consumed, for His compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness."
    Dave Tucker

    ReplyDelete