Thursday, September 24, 2009

Discharge Day, HORRAY !!!

I just tucked Luke back into his hospital bed after waking him up from a sound sleep to take his pills. Have you ever had to wake up a five year old to do anything ? let alone take pills...yikes. He has been very upset about the pill taking thing, but yesterday and this morning he took them just like a grown-up, big improvement. I guess I should have had the nurses give them to him early tonight , he has been up walking around the room and standing up to play on the computer today, it doesn't take much to wear him out. Mike is on his way to the hospital. We should be discharged tomorrow afternoon (Just in time for Friday traffic out of the city :( ) Luke is having his picc line put in. This is a substitute for his broviac he had removed a couple of days ago (they were worried it may have been the place the mold was hiding) The picc-line is a I.V that can stay in for about 3 months. Mike and I are also going to learn how administer home hydration and to draw blood from Luke's line.

UPDATE ...The follow-up C.T. scan showed the Fungal Pneumonia was still present so...this means going to Sacramento FIVE days a week for FOUR weeks to have a special medication that will run into his line for about an hour. Then they will check again with another C.T to see our progress. I called Luke's pediatrician in Jackson to see if we could work out something closer to home (waiting for a call back).

I am amazed how time heals. God is so good, Luke hardly remembers how sick he was. His blood-shot eyes are clearing up, mouth almost completely better, and he is only vomiting once or maybe twice a day. He ate a half a banana today (that made me jump for joy..I had to take a picture and text it to Daddy, I was so excited). He has also been snacking on some pretzels and pirate booty. I keep joking with the nurses that we will have to rent a u-haul to move out of here. I am so thankful for all the cards and gifts you all sent. During the time Luke was barely talking he was so sick, we had to move into a new room, I took down all the cards and packed up all our things. Luke looked around and said "I wanna move to our new room now...it looks empty in here". He has really enjoyed all the love you all have shared, the musical cards, the pop-ups, the cute fuzzy animals, the toys and books...he may have forgotten the pain but he will always remember how many people love him...Isn't that cool?

1 comment:

  1. AWESOME!!!!! Prayers answered! Chloe and Eliot send their love and are still praying for him every day.

    ReplyDelete