Friday, January 21, 2011

January 2011 Scans

Luke and I had a quick and easy check up at the Oncologist Wednesday. The nurse put us in the same room we were in when they told us he needed to have a bone marrow transplant (icky memory) but....this time was much better. Dr. Shu said his scans and blood and urine tests were all perfect!! April will officially mark one year "off therapy", because he was taking oral meds. until then, so Luke will have scans again then, along with a ECHO of his heart to check for any damage the chemo could have caused. If all is good, we will then be put on a schedule of scans twice a year! I am praising God for everyday I have with my boy. He's such a blessing. He lost another tooth this morning...I think that was number 7 so far. He was very proud he has passed up cousin Veda on the race to loose the most teeth. And speaking of number 7!! Luke's birthday is coming up on the 27th of this month. He picked out a toucan piƱata at the grocery store on our way home from the Doctor's office. Not sure why a Toucan, but that's what he wanted, so of course Grandma Kay wanted to get it for him. He carried it out of the store with a big smile on his face. I thought it was pretty cute that he was re-thinking the idea of hitting it with a bat on his birthday...I think he wants to keep it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment