Saturday, January 8, 2011

Scans for the New Year

Mike and I were both able to take Lukas for his tests and scans on Friday. It was an early morning appointment an very cold and misty in Sacramento. Everything worked out just as it should at the hospital. Luke got his blood work and urine test and drank his giant cup of "red juice", aka, contrast. He got his IV with, not too much screaming. Daddy taunted him saying maybe he would feel better if he sang the song from Beauty and the Beast...to which Luke snarled with a crinkled up nose "gerrr...stop it Dad...I don't like princess songs!" Then of course when it came time to remove the IV Daddy started in with a soft voice, singing "Tale as old a time...Beauty and The Beast" but this time Luke was laughing "St-ahpp-it-Dad". As we where leaving Lukas asked "why do I have to do these scans again?" I said "why?, because you had cancer...remember your tummy bump?" Luke replied shaking his head "all this, for a little bump?" My eyes widened as I recalled the pictures of that enormous tumor removed from his little precious body." Yep" I said.

Thanks to all my facebook friends for praying with us our memory verse for this week Psalm 103:1-4
Bless the Lord, O my soul,
and all that is within me,
bless His Holy name!
and forget not all of his benefits:
who forgives all your iniquity,
who heals all your diseases,
who redeems your life from destruction,
who crowns you in lovingkindness and tender mercies.

1 comment:

  1. Amen!!! Maybe Mike can sing that for us next time we get together... I could use a good laugh too! You guys are such blessings in our lives....all of you Finches!! Love you and so encouraged always to be part of the same family in Christ with you!
    Lots of love,
    Dar

    ReplyDelete